Matopos, which means ‘The Rocks’, is a picturesque location in Southern Eastern Zimbabwe. The Matopos gin-makers, the aim is to make the gin so good that you could drink it on Matopos (the rocks). Using a blend of complementary botanicals from around the world, such as Rooibos from South Africa, Baobab from Matopos and Juniper from Italy.
We sat down with Matopos Spirits to understand their business problems before the launch of their London Dry Gin product. After establishing their pain points, we created an e-commerce website that focused on streamlining the conversion process whilst communicating the roots and ethos behind the brand.
Once their digital portal was established we crafted new banner creatives and marketing collateral that further epitomised the strong Zimbabwean heritage. The direction we took for their photography was to bring their Zimbabwean heritage to the forefront. The use of a ‘hot’ orange in the background to bring the illusion of a desert-like atmosphere accompanied by earthy rocks, dried leaves and wood similar to those found in the Matopos Hills gave the product an organic, realistic experience of the roots of the gin.
- Agency/Creative: Creatives Hub Digital
- Article Title: Zimbabwean Matopos Spirits Packaging Design by Creatives Hub Digital
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Photography
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Colchester
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Identity, Packaging Design, Photography, Web Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Matopos Hills, Zimbabwe, Gin, Alcohol, London Dry Gin, Matopos, Spirits
Creative Director: Shane Catney