YummyColours created an all-encompassing visual language for the leading fintech brand Afterpay deepening its visual identity with a new logo, signature colour, and an extensive system for expression across physical and digital platforms.
Afterpay’s new identity was developed as a resolute evolution of the brand and its services to unite the messaging across multiple regions and demographics. YummyColours reimagined the two arrows prominent in the original logo design into a linked, continuous form that evokes balance and interconnectedness. The resulting logo represents how the relationships between Afterpay, their partner merchants and customers are continually strengthened each time they interact with one another.
Furthermore, YummyColours used this unique opportunity to design a custom new signature colour for Afterpay in collaboration with Pantone Colour Institute: Afterpay Bondi Mint. Taking cue from the eponymous surfing destination, Afterpay Bondi Mint recalls fresh, sweeping waves of a popular Australian locale. Bondi Mint boldly anchors Afterpay’s visual language, distinguishing the brand within the landscape of Buy Now Pay Later companies, and rooting it in youthful, forward-thinking Australian culture with human connection at the core.
- Agency/Creative: YummyColours
- Article Title: YummyColours Connects Legacy With the Future in a Rebrand for Afterpay
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Photography, Rebranding, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Financial
- Keywords: Afterpay, Clearpay, Buy Now Pay Later, Rebrand, Visual Identity, Logo Design, Custom Colour