Xu Noodle Bar is a Restaurant based in Tilburg, The Netherlands. Run by a young and enthusiastic team, Xu asked me to design and develop a new Brand Identity that connects with their young audience while maintaining a recognizable love for Asian Food and culture. Alongside, Xu also asked me to re-design their Merchandise brand “Send Noods”.
Xu launched their Brand in 2019 in both Tilburg and Eindhoven, The Netherlands. It’s a family owned Restaurant with both founders having a big appreciation for Asian culture. One of their favorite objects is a Lucky Cat (Maneki Neko). We used this object as a logo to become the Brand’s mascotte, which could then be linked to the Send Noods brand as well. This was a conscious decision, as the old Send Noods brand had no link to the restaurant. Which made it harder for the target audience to connect.
Xu’s goals were: Connecting with the target audience, Playful Asian Feel, Contrast in color palette and Make Xu Noodle Bar and Send Noods recognizable as one brand
By starting with the main Brand Identity first we established the right look and feel that could then be translated to Send Noods. This way, Xu has the freedom to experiment with new merchandise designs while still presenting their own Brand Identity. By offering their products in the store it’s became something more than just a restaurant.
I am most pleased with the Logo and overal color scheme, as it’s easy to fall into a color palette of red and black. Something we wanted to stay away from.
- Agency/Creative: Jeffrey Dirkse
- Article Title: Xu Noodle Bar Brand Identity by Jeffrey Dirkse
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Netherlands
- Agency/Creative City: Utrecht
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Advertising, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Drawing, Graphic Design, Illustration, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Product Design, Web Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Restaurant, Noodles, Ramen, Japanese, Asian Cuisine, Lucky Cat
Designer: Jeffrey Dirkse