“Xachoh” The Enlightened Spirit of Persia
Brand positioning, identity and packaging for a new premium, alcohol free spirits offer named Xachoh.
The brand and its blends are inspired by centuries old traditional Persian herbalism, handed down over generations by the founder’s family. The Persian provenance provides a rich heritage and unique authority as the birthplace of scholars and polymaths such as Avicenna and Al Razi who invented the distillation process and discovered alcohol respectively.
The spirits are distilled using the finest Silk Road spices and herbs chosen not just for the unique taste experience but also for their purposeful health benefit and uplifting effects.
The results are a sophisticated and adventurous new alcohol free drink for those seeking more from the moment not less. Xachoh offers an alternative ritual, a pure, more sensory lift and a more enlightening experience.
This brand idea of The Enlightened Spirit’ is reflected in its identity and symbolism. The brand mark is the mythical Simurgh, a mighty bird with beautiful plumage that was reputed to spend its entire existence elevated in flight. A rare glimpse of this creature was said to bring happiness and good fortune, only to be discover by those who seek it.
The bird motif is rendered in a contemporary calligraphic style inspired by this traditional Persian art form, In the context of the bottle, the execution style is intended to convey the ‘arragh’ or ‘spirit’ that rises from the herbs and spices during the distillation process with the bottle shape itself chosen to reflect the contours of a traditional pot still that contains this.
The Simurgh motif is hot foiled directly to the glass and complimented by a foil blocked label for each variant featuring in symbolic form the 7 herbs and spices that create each blend. The addition of a neck tag delivers more details of the story, the blends and the perfect serve to fully enlighten the drinker.
- Design Agency: afterhours studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: “Xachoh” The Enlightened Spirit of Persia
- Brand / Project Name: Xachoh
- External Design Credits: Calligraphic illustrations : Sue Bicknell
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: Multiple Countries
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass, Glass Bottle, metal & cork closure
- Extra: Team Credits: Kelly Bennett, Chris McDonald, Moyra Casey Calligraphic illustrations: Sue Bicknell