Wonderdome is a new Australian 360˚ dome theatre combining fully immersive visuals with leading-edge technologies, dissolving the boundaries between digital and physical to create environments where audiences can ‘experience a new reality’. An initiative of Teg Media, it is a new frontier of how entertainment is performed and experienced, showcasing the best 3D films, art and music through limited seasons in major cities.
Expanding perspectives, the essence of the brand, is illustrated through a distinct and versatile typographic treatment, and approachable tone of voice. The spherical perspective of the venue is emphasised using two separate domes, suggesting eyes and their response to a central focal point. The field of view, and legibility, lose clarity as the typography bends around to create a dynamic 360˚ immersion. Designed to activate the entirety of the circular dome screen, the animated logotype provides a dynamic accompaniment to the programming. A flexible, typographic system allows communications to be playful or measured in an event and audience-appropriate way, with capacity to communicate and promote the wide variety of styles for a wide range of audiences across a range of sub-branded programs – from family-friendly, to sunday arvo sessions, to dance nights, and yoga. The brand applications extend to onsite signage, billboards, poster, website and socials, achieving strong cohesive across all promotional materials with an inviting, and eye-catching clash of energetic colour.
- Agency/Creative: Megan Perkins
- Article Title: Wonderdome Brand Identity by Megan Perkins
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Agency/Creative City: Hobart
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Animation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Graphic Design, Logo Design, Motion Graphics, Poster Design, Typography
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: venue, theatre, cinema, music, art, immersive venue, 3D, Sydney, Australia
Direction, Design and Strategy: Megan Elizabeth Perkins
Mark Animation: Nick Fontaine