Wine Label Design “Vallejo Avenas” for Bodegas Murviedro
Murviedro presents its most exclusive white wine, a Chardonnay made using grapes from a single plot that the winery owns in the municipality of Venta del Moro, with D.O. Utiel Requena.
This vineyard is situated on a chalky plateau, whose poor soils offer great wine-growing potential. It is characterised by the overlapping of limestone horizons, red clayey loams and fine sandstone formed in the tertiary period.
The continental climate, tempered by the influence of the Mediterranean Sea, and the sustainable wine-growing practices with which the vines are indulged, are what shape the elegant personality of this select, aged white wine.
Great care is taken in the production of Vallejo Avenas Chardonnay 2018. The grapes are very gently pressed, the must ferments slowly in barrels at a low temperature, and then the wine is aged for 6 months in 500-litre French oak barrels with fine lees.
Since it is a white wine for ageing, resting in the bottle refines the wine so that it may be enjoyed during the next few years, thanks to its low pH and excellent natural acidity.
Vallejo Avenas Chardonnay 2018 is a pale, clean and bright yellow colour. It has an intense, complex and fresh aroma, with strong notes of mature white fruits, pineapple and light citrus, and it is reminiscent of dried fruits. Rich on the palate, it is fresh, silky and smooth. It has a good level of acidity and is structured and balanced, giving it a long finish. In its aftertaste, notes of mature white fruits return, together with a creamy sensation.
The aesthetic of Vallejo Avenas Chardonnay reflects its exclusive, sophisticated and elegant style, which is both classic and modern. The Burgundy bottle is personalised with the Schenk seal and its label contains the key information to interpret the wine, which was produced in a limited edition of 8,753 bottles. The image is an artistic recreation of a map of the plots of the area.
- Design Agency: Mompo estudio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Wine Label Design “Vallejo Avenas” for Bodegas Murviedro
- Brand / Project Name: Vallejo Avenas
- External Design Credits: Pablo Bellver
- Production Credits: Bodegas Murviedro
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: Spain
- Market Country: Multiple Countries
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, label
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper