Wild Wicks is a London-based concept brand of candles that focuses on brightening your space with fragrance. Each candle is made from organic, environmentally friendly materials as well as sustainable packaging. Fragrances are made from natural extracts that infuse the space with the essence of nature.
Wild Wicks can transport you right into nature, whether that be the fresh air of the mountains or to the lake at sunset. A fragrance is a big part of what makes your space a home, which is why it’s very important to match a scent to your vibe. With wild wicks, you have a variety to choose from so that you can bring a little bit of nature to you.
To me, there are so many important aspects of what nature is, but instead of doing classic scents like pine or rain I wanted to capture the essence of different animals. When I thought of wild wicks I knew there needed to be a line of candles that focuses on different animals, which is exactly what I did.
For the woodland line of Wild Wicks, I wanted to emphasize the elegance of both the crow and the fox. I chose to use an old gothic style to bring out the sombre side of each animal. All while maintaining a touch of elegance with the golden border. The effect of the animals being oil painted brings them to life and brings their essence to the candle. The dark background makes the animals leap out of the candle and into your space. I wanted to let the animal speak for itself which is why I chose to keep the background simple and not add them in a woodland setting. This way they are able to emphasize the sombreness of the fox and the fierceness of the crow.
- Agency/Creative: Natasha Vivas
- Article Title: Wild Wicks Candles
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Canada
- Agency/Creative City: Calgary
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Naming, Digital Painting, Packaging Design, Visualisation
- Format: Box, Wrap
- Industry: Beauty/Cosmetics
- Keywords: IllustrationArt- VisualArt-OldGothicStyle- ClipStudio- Photoshop- Illustration- Packaging
Graphic Designer: Natasha vivas