Whim – The Unconventional Series
Whim is a magazine all about the unconventional. The design reflects this very ethos through the impulsive typography and the layered image treatment. The brand language conveys the addictive bliss of discovering beautiful, weird and wonderful things in the world, whether that’s beauty, travel or architecture.
The travel spread is a feature on the Trans-Siberian Railway; a vivid, endless-feeling and emotional journey from Moscow to the Far East. The minimal colour palette with a punch of red symbolises the unique, intense and epic journey. The article also takes lead from the brand design with its unpredictable type treatment.
- Design Agency: Xa Studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Whim – The Unconventional Series
- Brand / Project Name: Brand Identity Magazine
- External Design Credits: Shillington
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Editorial Design, Creative Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Editorial, Print Brochure, Print Manual, Print Publication
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Keywords: branding, editorial design, magazine design, magazine covers
- Industry Category: Mass Media