Cartemante was born within a dream world, between looms and traditions, to promote and reinterpret Mexican art through pieces made with natural fiber looms and textures.
Interwoven with surrealism, the Sierra Potosina hides among its forests interwoven stories full of magic and mystery; like that of my beloved grandmother who, seated in front of her loom, without realizing it, knew by anticipation what was happening around her. Leaning over her work, she would read the future that naturally emerged from her fingers like a… Cartemante.
A modern, slim and elegant typography was designed, using continuous thickness and light inclinations in order to show the movement of the looms. We added contemporary style hook endings, which remit to the knitting needles.
We created compositions that evoke the artisan origin and the history of the brand, using neutral colors contrasted with textures and patterns of real threads that were inspired by the artists Amparo and Doralydia, since their intervention represents the human and close part of the brand.
The narrative of the name is inspired by the surrealism of the stories that weave family tales full of magic and mystery, such as that of the cartomaniacs, who predicted the future of the inhabitants through palmistry.The artists and twins, Amparo and Doralydia are part of the traditional and dreamlike narrative, as they, like the cartomantes, tell their story through unique handmade art pieces with the support of local textile artists.We seek to convey the longing and magic of the stories through an emotional narrative, reflecting the love for the art of yarn.
- Agency/Creative: Mantra
- Article Title: Where Mexican Art Meets Natural Fibers and Textures for a Unique Design Experience
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Agency/Creative City: Merda
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Beauty Photography, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Keywords: #Branding #SomosMantra #AdvertisingCampaign #CampañaPublicitaria #AdCampaigns #AdsOfTheWorld #AdvertisingAgency #AdvertisingPhotography #Marketing #PublicidadDigital
Graphic Designer: Allan Tintore
Copywriting: Violeta Gallegos
Photography: Elías Collí
Set Design: Aura Barbachano