The low/no-alcohol movement is becoming one of the biggest drinks trends in years. Sales of low/no-alcohol drinks have risen by more than 20.5% in just one year, with low-alcohol beer and cider sales soaring by almost 30%(Kantar Worldpanel). Carlton, one of Australia’s leading beers approached WCN_ to create an offer to answer this changing consumer need.
WCN_ created a powerful and dramatic statement from Carlton that would stand out amongst the crowd, and engage with it’s audience. The brand expression needed to imbue confidence whilst ensuring that it retained it’s masculinity with modernity.
AB InBev is expecting no- or low-alcohol beers to make up 20% of its total volume worldwide by 2025. For brands within the Australian portfolio, it is critical to retain their positions within the market as leaders of the category.
Throughout the design, textures and finishes were used to build refinement and quality, whilst ensuring the proposition remained impactful and dramatic. The can features a first within the Australian beer and cider market with a full black closure which builds further distinctiveness to ensure differentiation from the category.
- Agency/Creative: WhatCameNext_
- Article Title: WhatCameNext_ Designs Carlton United Breweries First Zero Alc. Beer
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle, Box, Can, Case, Sleeve
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Metal, Pulp Carton