WhatCameNext_ Designs a Great Beer With No Bull – Grab a Frothy!
Everyone loves a frothy, eh? A quintessential Australian colloqualism turned into a brand from Australia’s largest brewer. We created a beer coming from Matilda Bay that’s brewed with local hops and barley for today’s consumer. The original Aussie craft brewery who have been brewing on home shores since 1984 wanted an offer that walks the line between craft and mainstream that would appeal to mass appeal.
It was critical that the offer would standout amongst the competition, and also have the ability to confidently own it’s space. Focusing on the beer and just the beer, it speaks directly to the everyday Australian with wit and simplicity.
Building on our audiences growing desire in no nonsense brands WCN_ created Frothy to deliver on the basic customer expectation, a great tasting ice cold frothy. Just great beer, with no bull.
Utilisiing raw substrates such as the naked can and box helped the brand to remain raw and real, and strangely iconic despite being free from overt tricks and finishes.
- Design Agency: WhatCameNext_
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: WhatCameNext_ Designs a Great Beer With No Bull – Grab a Frothy!
- Brand / Project Name: Carlton United Breweries
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Advertising, Brand Experience
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Can, Case, Keg
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Metal, Pulp Carton