The ‘Golden Era of Professional Wrestling’ is a somewhat nostalgic subculture that interests and fascinates many who grew up watching these stars.
Glasgow based Pim-Pam and Edinburgh based Want Some Studio collaborated on a range of illustrative beers, with each hosting an iconic wrestler or tag-team from the 80s and 90s. From the style and colours to the naming and tone of voice, each beer pays a significant tribute to the featured ‘superstars’.
A self initiated project, the goal was to create something that people would enjoy, engage with and reminisce about as they look back at the trail blazers of wrestling.
Luke McCarthy, Creative Director of Pim-Pam said: ‘Unfortunately the project may no longer reach its full potential — and with the tragic passing of Joe Laurenitis (Better known as ‘Road Warrior Animal’) who had been consulted on the approach, we hoped to find a home for an audience to pay tribute and see the designed range.’
- Agency/Creative: Pim-Pam
- Article Title: What a Rush! A Range of Beer Can Designs Celebrating Wrestlers of the Past
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand World, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Tone of Voice
- Format: Can
- Substrate: Metal