Wedge Helps Ciderie Entre Pierre et Terre in its Celebration of its French Roots
Entre Pierre et Terre is a natural ciderie found in French Canada, run by head distiller and experimenter Loic Chabot. His passion is fuelled by an obsession with creating the most delicious natural cidres possible, from orchard to bottle with little chemical intervention. Fruit and alcohol is left to ferment naturally for 1 year before being bottled, where the chemistry continues spontaneously in the vessel before it is uncapped to enjoy.
Loic approached Wedge to develop a brand identity told through a signature label design across various products that captures the essence of his cultural roots back to France and connotes a high-quality while still remaining approachable.
The design process began with rigorous typographic research across Parisian brasserie signage and decades old, authentic made in France products. The idea was not to mimic the past, but to apply delicate and genuine inspiration. Because the humble apple is the main star through and through, the colour palette is consistent and minimal with a warm red and beige like the fruit itself. There is a strict hierarchy to the informational label system for ease of additions to the line. This pragmatism meets a sense of fun with distinct typography choices for each type of cidre, as each has its own flavour and character to appreciate. Hand drawn interventions speak to the hand made product and organic, natural qualities. On the cap is a very special detail, a portrait of Dandy the loveable orchard dog and Loic’s best friend on the field.
Launch of the redesign proved the power of strong packaging design as a genuine business driver with the cidres selling 5X faster than the usual season and claiming new consumer attention. This shift made it possible for the ciderie to experiment an entirely new line of fruit based spirits. Entre Pierre et Terre products are available across French Canada with absolutely no plans to increase production to a mass consumer scale. You must be here to savour it. Voila.
- Design Agency: Wedge
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Wedge Helps Ciderie Entre Pierre et Terre in its Celebration of its French Roots
- Brand / Project Name: Entre Pierre et Terre Cidre Packaging Design
- External Design Credits: Design Director Justin Lortie, Creative Director Sarah Di Domenico, Design Lead Ariane Leblanc, Graphic Designer Philippe Dionne Bussiers, Photographer Rico Serna
- Production Credits: Printing Impremerie St-Julie
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography, Graphic Design
- Location: Canada
- Market Country: Canada
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle