Creating A Circular Future
A specialist in circular knitted manufacturing, Triwool is a company that designs and produces sustainable, production-efficient products, providing retailers and brands with short-term fashion supply solutions that continuously offer less dissipation. They are focused in efficiency: predicting trends and foreseeing needs by blending great fabrics, forward thinking cuts and the latest components, they always strive for transparency and ethics in their sourcing and design.
Triwool challenged Volta Brand Shaping Studio to design their new brand identity: an identity that should express their desired sustainable brand positioning.
We started by defining their brand essence — Creators of sustainable fashion solutions — and then decided to blend two visual concepts: the Circle (a symbol for perfection and unity and a reference for circular economy) and Woven Fabric (the weaving of different threads that produce a stronger material is a metaphor for the union and perfect blending of the different abilities and talents that make Triwool’s team.) To visually represent this blend, we created the Knitted Circle, Triwool’s new logomark.
From the beginning, Volta’s goal was to design a brand identity that would epitomize simplicity, transparency and quality: we wanted to create a premium brand, not a luxurious one, where the layout refinement and the graphic elements simplification would act as the decorative side of the identity.
Typography and color were the main tools to achieve this goal: the logo and brand typography is represented in clean, contemporary and very minimal, while the brand color scheme ranges from light and cool greys to a dark, deep green.
We also felt the brand neeeded a tagline that would clearly state Triwool’s positioning within the industry and their will to think a future based on sustainable solutions that respect the planet while still providing us with the pleasure and comfort of modern fashion.
The answer was in their team’s daily motivation: to create a circular future.
- Agency/Creative: VOLTA Branding & Design Studio
- Article Title: Volta Studio Creates Triwool’s Brand Identity
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Portugal
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Digital Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Rebranding, Research / Insight
- Keywords: fashion, branding, rebranding, sustainability, circular economy, future, textile