Visual Identity for Women’s Republic Designed by Imran Latheef
Women’s Republic is an online magazine created with the purpose of empowering women. Founded in Arizona in 2017, this popular platform currently has a viewership of over a 100,000 people. It is set apart from most other magazines by its diversity, inclusivity, and the creative freedom given to its many contributors from all over the world.
My task was to create a new, cohesive visual identity which included redesigning the existing logo and collaterals, as well as updating social media channels.
The previous logo which featured a feminine silhouette needed a more inclusive and modern update, hence a word mark logo was created which embodies the inclusivity of all including those who are trans and non-binary.
The bright color palette signifies the vibrancy of the diverse voices and their cultures. Social media posts and infographics were paired with cheeky visual metaphors and colorful visuals in order to bring attention to the heavy subject matter and raise awareness.
- Agency/Creative: Imran Latheef
- Project Type: Identity
- Organisation / Project Status: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Location: Maldives
- Article Title: Visual Identity for Women’s Republic Designed by Imran Latheef
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Keywords: Non-profit, Feminism, Social media campaign, Colorful Visuals