Visual Identity For O Pão de Alho By Thalles Borba Studio
Pão de Alho ™ was born to change the way the fast food market operates in the city of João Pessoa – Brazil, where the brand is acting.
The company’s marketing plan is to franchise the brand throughout the Northeast of Brazil, so the visual development was based on this strategy.
The construction of visual elements such as symbol, colors, logo and icons was done in a minimalist and literal way to streamline the public’s association with the product, also facilitating the registration of the brand and optimizing the production of scale pieces for the new franchises.
Logo: The symbol was made in a very special way. After many drafts, tests and internal research, we arrived at a simple and pleasant decision. The most notable expression of the symbol is the feeling of satisfaction, represented by a big smile on the face. The most prominent object, on the other hand, is bread, literally made to bring the brand’s universe to the forefront and simulate the Garlindo chef’s hat, a beloved mascot of the brand.
As we knew of the need that the company had to express its brand in the most diverse points of contact and with different sizes, another important point in the symbol is that it was built in a golden ratio to maintain a pleasant distribution even in very small sizes.
Beside the symbol, two different logos were implemented, both quite irreverent, but with opposite styles. The more geometric signature was made to compose the storefronts and contact points that ask for a little more seriousness, such as papers and business cards, and the handmade signature was designed to maintain a more relaxed relationship with the target audience, young people and lovers of exaggerated food.
Two more icons derived from the symbol were also created to give greater support to the brand in more fun graphic productions, such as stickers, cups, caps, and also in social media publications.
The business continues to grow and the visual identity has strengthened a direct relationship with the public, mainly on social networks.
- Agency/Creative: Thalles Borba
- Article Title: Visual Identity For O Pão de Alho By Thalles Borba Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Brazil
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Graphic Design, Photography, Research / Insight
- Keywords: Bread, Restaurant, Lunch, Fast Food, Sandwich, Bakery, Thalles Borba, Cheese, Happy, Smile, Logo, Chef, Gastronomy, Symbol, Waiter, Face, Rounded, Food, Gastronomy, Garlic, visual identity, brand identity, branding, logo design, corporate identity,