The first full-face transplant in the world is the masterwork of Joan-Pere Barret. The term “masterwork” is a perfectly appropriate here because this surgeon is a real artist or, at the very least, a master in his field. Despite the recognition of his name, Joan-Pere Barret was still working under the self-effacing umbrella of BJ Cirugía Reparadora.
However, that was a name of a specialized clinic, and Joan-Pere wanted to give his brand a more personal and human character, because he is a surgeon who is committed to his work. He reconstructs people’s bodies, but also their lives.
We started by agreeing on an adjustment to his identity and, actually, why make any bones about using Doctor Barret. “Doctor” is recognizable in any language, and Barret is the surname already associated with today’s most amazing reconstructive surgery: face and extremity transplants and severe burn reconstruction, as well as plastic surgery with excellent results.
- Agency/Creative: Vibranding
- Article Title: Vibranding designs an identity for the doctor who made the first full-face transplant
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Rebranding
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: corporate identity, doctor, branding, rebranding, art direction, logo design, sales material, graphic design, vibranding, barcelona, spain, identity