Vibranding designs a logotype for mushrooms
A natural but delicate, rustic but elegant, rich but sober corporate identity, designed by Vibranding for some Australian mushrooms.
Mushroom Forestry is a company specialising in the production of high-quality ecological mushrooms. Its objective is to become the main supplier to the leading gourmet restaurants and stores in Melbourne and Mornington Peninsula (Australia). In order to achieve such a feat in a country with a scant mushroom tradition, Mushroom Forestry needed a modern, powerful and memorable brand image, a genuine and descriptive identity, as well as natural and efficient packaging. First of all, we built the brand’s visual universe. Organic elements such as the forest, water, earth and – of course –, mushrooms, form this imagery on which the brand and its packaging design was based, fusing brown, orange, blue and yellow hues.
The isotope’s main inspiration was provided by the mushrooms’ branchiae, whence the spores that spawn the growth of new mushrooms are released. Moreover, its shapes pack strong visual power: its sinuous lamellae evoke rivers, maps, geography, places… The isotope’s undulating lines contrast with a logotype of angled forms, thus achieving great graphic equilibrium. And in turn, the logotype also plays with contrast: the Serifa in the typeface speaks of tradition, albeit nuanced with right angles and a contrast of weights to denote modernity. A typeface with a lot of character to make the brand grow.
- Design Agency: Vibranding
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Vibranding designs a logotype for mushrooms
- Brand / Project Name: Mushroom Forestry Logotype design
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Packaging, Print Brochure, Print Stationery
- Location: Spain
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Keywords: mushrooms, logotype, design, branding, brand
- Industry Category: Agriculture