Historic French wine house Patriarche returned to DAf to request another limited-edition packaging for their sparkling wine brand, Veuve du Vernay to help boost sales in the US.
As was previously the case, the idea was to give this Brut a more contemporary feel and celebrate its French essence without relying on traditional visual cues associated with the country.
For the first limited edition creation, Nº 1, DAf developed a sleeve with an elegant, black and gold design with the effervescence and energy of a mysterious French woman as the inspiration. The letter “V” was incorporated into the design with golden small letters dotting the bottle, creating a playful glint against the black background.
For the next limited edition design, Nº 2, DAf built further upon this sophisticated, minimalistic design, this time adding red to the design to reflect the brand’s logo. The large lines were removed and a semi-circle shape of red and gold “V”s of varying sizes were added. The letters get more sparse as they move away from the bottle, creating a radiating effect.
Both bottles resulted in a sophisticated look that stands out amongst traditional French wine houses. The Vs keep the name of the sparkling wine top of mind, and the packaging appeals to an international audience. The client has been delighted with the contemporary twist.
- Agency/Creative: DAf Agency
- Article Title: Veuve du Vernay by Patriarche Limited International Edition Packaging Design by DAf Agency
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Chile
- Agency/Creative City: Santiago
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: design, packaging, brut, sparkling wine, France
Agency/Creative: DAf Agency