Vbiasi Design Creates New Packaging Inspired by Puzzle Games
Imagine a place that you could be able to buy without worry, without anyone fooling you. Everything is ethical, sustainable, delicious, the best. Where you can trust with your eyes closed that it is neither expensive nor cheap, it is fair. This is Daru.
We were approached by visionaries owners of Daru to give an identity to this new business, and the characteristics we needed to go through were clear: a direct, honest, simple and true brand!
To create Daru products, we decided to escape the obvious. We ignore the traditional images and the excessive amount of superfluous information, and created something cleaner and direct, that interacts with the consumer and still takes the opportunity to exercise the mind (it’s true, lol).
Each label presents a kind of crossword puzzle, an interactive activity that invites the consumer to better understand the product and what is inside it. Each puzzle has its own particularities, varying between ingredients (hazelnut, chia, oats, chocolate chips, coconut, gojiberry, rice flakes, seeds, honey), product characteristics (vegan, gluten-free, natural, sugar-free, lactose-free) and also words that encourage a lighter life and a better world (love, care, recycling, world, nature, friendship, sustainable, preserve, heath).
The whole idea here was very clear: talk more and convince less. Nowadays people already wake up with their cell phones in hand, thirsty for information that is often superfluous. We wanted the person to stop for a while, slow down, and exercise their mind a little while enjoying a good breakfast (or the meal they think is best).
The result of everything was a beautiful production line, which values the product and its ingredients. Daru understands that being, thinking and acting in a sustainable way is a duty of every company, and works with a sustainable supply and packaging chain, and also has a discount program to reuse product bottles. Every detail was designed to bring more health and lightness to people’s daily lives and, of course, to the world.
- Design Agency: vbiasi design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Vbiasi Design Creates New Packaging Inspired by Puzzle Games
- Brand / Project Name: DARU Foods
- External Design Credits: Photography: Naju Studio
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Retail Brand Design
- Location: Brazil
- Market Country: Brazil
- Market Region: South America
- Product Category: Cupboard Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Jar
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass