Rebranding of Vanidade (Vanity). Viña Almirante.
Solution: A wine that doesn’t lack self-esteem is ironic about the vanity that rules our society. It does this by offering the consumer an experience involving a game with scratch-off ink.
This proposition forges an emotional connection with the consumer by turning the product into an object of entertainment, reflection and complicity.
In graphic terms, the corporate identity and packaging design were redefined, and a series of 9 illustrations created with an engraving-type shading style.
Translation of the texts on the packaging: Vanidade (Vanity) Cartographers of emotions
Are we vain by nature? Perhaps more than we think. An obvious case is this albariño wine, as proud as punch. It doesn’t lack self-esteem, but it is backed up by the work of the winemakers of Viña Almirante; cartographers of emotions who explore and take daily care of their vineyards to harvest the best grapes possible. And they manage it. Perhaps this is why it’s vain, because deep down it knows it really is very good.
Materials: 680g bourgogne bottle, wraparound label in natural felt-textured extra white paper, complex capsule (aluminium and polyethylene), natural cork, special scratch-off ink.
Cultural Context: The product is present in different countries in Europe and America.
The proposition revolves around the concept of vanity, the context of which is the international sphere, referring to those who overestimate their own abilities, whether physical or mental, and as a result build up such an exaggerated idea of themselves that they believe they are better than other people.
From an anthropological point of view, experts agree that in today’s society there prevails a false image of the idea of success, the concept of beauty and the importance of being admired by others.
The power of the media and social networks has played a very important part in creating and encouraging a high degree of selfishness, arrogance and envy.
- Agency/Creative: Roberto Núñez Studio
- Article Title: Vanidade Is a Wine That Is Ironic About Modern-day Society by Roberto Núñez Studio.
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Barcelona
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Advertising, Art, Art Direction, Brand Architecture, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand Tone of Voice, Branding, Copywriting, Craft, Creative Direction, Design, Game Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Writing
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Brand Strategy, Branding, Brand Identity, Packaging, Art Direction, Creative Direction, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Copywriting, Logo Design, Tone of Voice, Web Design, roberto nuñez studio,
Client: Viña Almirante
Agency: Roberto Núñez Studio
Creative director: Roberto Núñez
Art director: Roberto Núñez
Engraving: Alex Ferreiro
Writer: Roberto Núñez