Updated Brand Identity and Improved SKU Navigational System for Socks
Brandon Consultants – Bridgedale Socks
“Leading technical sock manufacturer Bridgedale relaunches with an updated brand identity and improved SKU navigational system by creative design agency Brandon.
The new look design was created to make it easier for shoppers to find and then choose the right product. The team at Brandon also made sure the new look effectively communicated the benefits of Fusion Tech – Bridgedale’s fusion technology: a unique blend of yarn and knitting technology that sets the brand apart.
A new look for Bridgedale
The distinctive new look blends dynamic photography with a series of visual cues designed to help shoppers choose between the different types of sock in the Bridgedale range. The new design makes it easy to tell apart socks of different weight, purpose – such as comfort or endurance, warmth, cushioning, sizing – and whether they’re for men or women.
Richard Taylor, Managing Partner, Brandon, says: “Bridgedale’s packaging needed refreshing to better reflect Fusion Tech and to make it easier for shoppers to navigate the range.
“The identity and brand needed to be modernised to make it relevant to today’s audience, enable shoppers to easily pick the best socks for their needs and highlight the use of Fusion Tech to provide standout.”
To help focus on the right brand design concept, Brandon conducted market research among outdoor walkers in the UK and across Europe. The team tested various concepts before settling on Journeyman: helping people on their journey.
The new look packaging features photography of people on different types of journeys, making it easy for shoppers to quickly see which items are most relevant to their needs. The design then signposts sock type, such as hike, and its weight, locked together in a band. Beneath that, the packaging indicates whether it is a comfort or an endurance sock so the customer can at a glance, easily determine the sock they need.
Fusion Tech features across the packaging and the warmth and cushioning rating provides extra reassurance that the sock is fit for purpose. Above all these elements is an indication of whether the sock is male or female as well as the sizing.
Taylor adds: “Communicating everything in a way that shoppers can decode quickly is hard without making the packaging look too busy. Agreeing on a hierarchy of information with Bridgedale was key to helping us decide what to include. The result is a brand that shoppers will be much more likely to pick up and which has been brought bang up to date.”
Mark Brennan from Bridgedale says: “Bridgedale is already the UK’s leading technical sock brand. We think the new design will stand out to shoppers and help us inspire even more people to enjoy the great outdoors.”
- Design Agency: Brandon Consultants
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency Commercial / Published
- Article Title: Updated Brand Identity and Improved SKU Navigational System for Socks
- Brand / Project Name: Bridgedale Socks
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Creation, Consumer Brand Redesign
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Research / Insight, Consumer Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Branding, Consumer Brand Creation, Consumer Rebranding, Consumer Visual Brand Identity, Consumer Brand Experience, Consumer Graphic Packaging Design, Consumer Structural Packaging Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Fashion
- Consumer Packaging Format: Flow-Pack
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton