TBE is an art project
A series of books binding print to time, merging sound with paper.
We were commissioned to develop the visual identity and branding system as well as the website design and the photography of the first edition “Borderline Visible” by Ant Hampton.
In order to experience the books narrative you have to follow an audio link via a QR code that comes with the hardcopy. Each book is a unique work by a different artist. An audio track combines narration, soundscape, and instructions that guide you over a given time through a book.
Audio and visual are separate elements here, held together in the present through a physical participation; turning, flicking and comparing pages, diving into a here-and-now of the page.
The concept we besed our final design direction is the sound-waves that are created from the audio that is linked with the book. The typography is inspired by the pixelated shape of the QR code (VG 5000 by Velvetine type foundry) in a balanced combination of the regular version of ROM font (ABC Dynamo) that was used as a copy font for the book (designed by Roland Brauchli)
A flexible color palette that can be used for the various applications and communication material (digital or print) coming form the events or each editions theme.
- Agency/Creative: ESTO Associaiton
- Article Title: Unveiling ‘Borderline Visible’: A Sonic Journey Through Unique Art Books
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Greece
- Agency/Creative City: Athens
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Animation, Brand Design, Branding, Photography, Web Design
- Industry: Education
- Keywords: graphic design, branding, soundwave, colourful, communicationdesign,
icon and book design: Roland Brauchli