United by Design Brand Packaging Design that Unlocks the Spirit of Adventure
“The Spirit of Adventure” Sloemotion Distillery approached United by Design to name, develop a brand identity and package a spirit range, with the main objective to be listed by national retailers and cut through the crowded and competitive gin category.
Through extensive research and immersion, United by Design found that travel and photographic documentation were social interests for desired consumer and spirit drinkers for Finders Spirits. This informed development and creation of a ‘curious’ brand, focusing on the poetic notion of time, memory and travel.
Intricate collage focal points are layered with flavour cues, treasured photographs and notes from the company’s family archive, for an added personal touch. A grid structure is applied to the label, informed by collector’s specimen and identification tags, with a ticket edge detail to add a warming sense of nostalgia, especially travel and visiting interesting places, far and wide. The distillery’s location is subtly included within cap seal designs as map coordinates.
- Design Agency: United by Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: United by Design Brand Packaging Design that Unlocks the Spirit of Adventure
- Brand / Project Name: Finders Spirits brand identity and gin brand packaging range
- External Design Credits: Creative Director; Owen Turner, Graphic Designers; Katy Knowles, Natalie Talbot and Eloise Livsey
- Production Credits: Label Makers
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle