Truffl developed a holistic brand for Last Crumb, a new Luxury Cookie Company offering Michelin-star quality desserts handmade in Los Angeles, packaged as luxury fashion items and sold nationwide via limited-edition drops online.
Last Crumb’s brand stands for never accepting average in life. It is a delicious sugary challenge of sorts for folks to take life more seriously and themselves less so.
Last Crumb’s commitment to rebelliousness and quality is infused in each aspect of its brand from its name and messaging to its luxurious packaging and high fashion inspired studio photography.
The brand appeals to various consumers groups with unique desires, including luxury shoppers seeking high end status symbols, millennial scenesters desiring memorable social media share-worthy experiences, corporate gift-givers wanting an alternative to the typical wine and cheese baskets, and foodies who seek out the best in every bite.
To appeal to these customer groups, Truffl sought to create a system that felt premium without being stodgy, and edgy without being wild. To thread that needle, they built a minimalist brand identity elevated with thoughtful details at every customer interaction.
For example, each cookie arrives in a partially see-through, matte finished air-tight bag featuring Last Crumb’s signature cookie names, like “50 Cent” for the Birthday Cake Cookie, as well as a unique serial number reflecting the cookie batch in which it was baked. On the reverse side of each bag, a full story and description is included for each cookie, along with a QR code with a link to join the brand’s mailing list for future drops.
Customers’ orders arrive in a shipper box featuring a collage of brand imagery, along with a rigid gift box featuring a custom insert positioning every cookie at 45 degrees for the perfect reveal moment.
Last Crumb’s e-commerce experience follows the model of coveted streetwear brands like Supreme by offering cookies in limited quantity “Cookie Drops.” A ticker counts down the remaining number of cookie boxes available until the drop inevitably sells out.
These aren’t your grandmother’s chocolate chip cookies. And neither is any aspect of its branding. Last Crumb Cookies can be purchased on LastCrumb.com. You can learn more about Truffl by visiting Truffl.com.
- Agency/Creative: Truffl Branding Agency
- Article Title: Truffl Creates Brand and Packaging Design the Saint Laurent of Cookies
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Box, Pouch, Tray
- Substrate: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper