Do you happen to read the ingredients list? Most people don’t. We’re all in the visual game, but it’s in the ingredients list that you can actually discover what the product is made off.
Toxic is a campaign to educate people about dangerous chemicals inside cosmetics. From so many toxic ingredients inside cosmetics, I focused on four: paraben, fragrance, toluene, and triclosan. Colour palette was developed that so those products on a display will work well together and stand out. The label apart from its distinctive and dangerous-looking patterns acts as a main point of information: what is the substance? where is it found? How to avoid it? and what are the health concerns? The established campaign principle was then applied to digital presence – a website, where people could learn more about the ingredients. campaign advertising is very direct and strong. The substances are being shown on real human skin. Playing with the scale I showed how it gets through the skin. Small design elements like tattoos and badges were created to support the campaign so people could wear them and spread the message to stay away from the chemicals.
- Agency/Creative: Agata Walas
- Article Title: Toxic – Campaign Talking About The Danger of Using Cosmetics
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Research
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Pulp Paper