The brief was to name and create a limited edition wine brand that can be used to drive Xmas and Holiday sales . The label needed to be unique and fun but also have an element of craft and quality.
The idea came from the wine being really good quality and we wanted to let the consumer know that we were taking the risk out of the purchase for them. This is where the name Touchwood came from.
The name Touchwood comes from the pagan belief that malevolent spirits inhabited wood, and that if you expressed a hope for the future you should touch, or knock on, wood to prevent the spirits from hearing and presumably preventing your hopes from coming true.
With this in mind we created a number of different phrases or wishes that related to the wine and or the festive or holiday season.
To reinforce the idea it was printed on real wood labels with white ink. 3 different illustrators were used for the 6 illustrations to create variation between varietals.
- Agency/Creative: The Creative Method
- Article Title: Touchwood Estate Wines
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Wood