Thisaway Rebrands English Championship Football Club Brentford FC
It’s the most exciting time in the history of Brentford Football Club. Having just missed out on promotion to the Premier League last season, success on the pitch has been matched with innovation off it, and a brand new stadium awaits. Brentford challenged Thisaway to help them develop a brand strategy and identity that would reflect their unique approach, and confidently
transition the club into an exciting new era.
Brentford truly do things differently. They have worked hard to develop a model that is unique to the club. Their savvy recruitment policy and data-led approach has created headlines and reaped huge financial returns, whilst brave decisions like closing the club’s Academy and hiring two Directors of Football have proved hugely successful. Thisaway developed a positioning of ‘Forward Thinking Football’ which reflects this innovative approach and communicates their ambitions for the future.
The identity was built to reflect the energy and excitement of the new positioning. Thisaway produced a dynamic identity system inspired by the bee in the club’s crest. Textures representing the wings, sting, and stripes were created as flexible assets to be used across the brand’s multiple touchpoints.
Thisaway also worked with typographer Marc Rouault to develop Sting, a bespoke typeface, again inspired by the bee within the crest. The brand is being rolled out ahead of the new EFL Championship season starting on the 12th September.
- Design Agency: Thisaway
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Thisaway Rebrands English Championship Football Club Brentford FC
- Brand / Project Name: Brentford FC Rebrand
- External Design Credits: Creative Director - Graeme Cook, Lead Designer - Remy Auger, Type designer - Marc Rouault,
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Advertising, Rebranding, Typeface design, Design system, Animation
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Print Ad Campaign, Print Promotion, Signage, Social Media, Digital Advertising
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Keywords: Branding, Sport, Football, Identity, Strategy, Typography
- Industry Category: Entertainment