Malta Balashi is Aruba’s own malt beverage. Despite being brewed in the heart of the Caribbean, the natural energy supplement’s outdated brand meant it was losing ground to imported competitors. Once again, Balashi turned to Thirst to reinvigorate one of their brands.
In a category dominated by brown, malt-inspired brands, Thirst created a design that bursts with vibrant Aruban energy. Maintaining the country’s colourful flag as its source of inspiration, Thirst gave a new meaning to the Aruban star, turning it into a dynamic source of energy. The upbeat rebrand perfectly complements an active island lifestyle, with the star becoming a beacon of Aruban spirit.
The new brand feels just as at home on a football as it does in-store, so Thirst created a variety of assets to truly bring Malta to life. Finally, Aruba’s own malt beverage feels full of the island’s vibrancy.
- Agency/Creative: Thirst Craft
- Article Title: Thirst Rebrands Malta Balashi as a Beacon of Upbeat Island Energy
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Guidelines, Brand Redesign, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Rebranding
- Format: Bottle, Can, Case
- Substrate: Glass Bottle