Synonymous with success, steeped in tradition and almost always named after a male founder, you’d be forgiven for thinking the champagne industry is a little stuck in the past. That’s certainly how Jen Pelka, owner of New York and San Francisco-based champagne bar The Riddler, and her brother Zach felt.
With 78% of wine in the US bought by women and a steady stream of female producers shaking up the scene, the siblings saw an opportunity for a range of luxury wines made by women for women. A new classic that would bring champagne out of the 18th century while being just as prestigious and just as desirable as the late and greats.
The result is Une Femme, and it was up to Thirst Craft to create a brand identity deserving of its pioneering proposition.
Inspired by luxury fashion houses and high end brands, Une Femme has a bold yet understated look that feels strong, ambitious, elegant and timeless – celebrating the multi-faceted nature of feminimity.
The stripped back monochrome aesthetic is elevated through material and meticulous attention to detail across the packaging, from fluted foil finishes to a luxurious ribbon wrap. Meanwhile an iconic monogram gives Une Femme its own level of prestige, using the brand’s initials to create an abstract glass.
The first bottle in the range is The Juliette, championing the name of its producer, Julie Médeville of Gonet-Médeville Champagnes. The Callie will follow, with each edition adding to the sisterhood.
With a percentage of its proceeds going to female empowerment charity DressforSuccess and a distinguished new look from Thirst, Une Femme is set to become the go-to drink for smashing glass slippers and glass ceilings.
- Agency/Creative: Thirst Craft
- Article Title: Thirst Craft Brings a Touch of Je Ne Sais Quoi to Une Femme Wines
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle