Thirst Craft Brings a Touch of Je Ne Sais Quoi to Une Femme Wines
Synonymous with success, steeped in tradition and almost always named after a male founder, you’d be forgiven for thinking the champagne industry is a little stuck in the past. That’s certainly how Jen Pelka, owner of New York and San Francisco-based champagne bar The Riddler, and her brother Zach felt.
With 78% of wine in the US bought by women and a steady stream of female producers shaking up the scene, the siblings saw an opportunity for a range of luxury wines made by women for women. A new classic that would bring champagne out of the 18th century while being just as prestigious and just as desirable as the late and greats.
The result is Une Femme, and it was up to Thirst Craft to create a brand identity deserving of its pioneering proposition.
Inspired by luxury fashion houses and high end brands, Une Femme has a bold yet understated look that feels strong, ambitious, elegant and timeless – celebrating the multi-faceted nature of feminimity.
The stripped back monochrome aesthetic is elevated through material and meticulous attention to detail across the packaging, from fluted foil finishes to a luxurious ribbon wrap. Meanwhile an iconic monogram gives Une Femme its own level of prestige, using the brand’s initials to create an abstract glass.
The first bottle in the range is The Juliette, championing the name of its producer, Julie Médeville of Gonet-Médeville Champagnes. The Callie will follow, with each edition adding to the sisterhood.
With a percentage of its proceeds going to female empowerment charity DressforSuccess and a distinguished new look from Thirst, Une Femme is set to become the go-to drink for smashing glass slippers and glass ceilings.
- Design Agency: Thirst Craft
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Thirst Craft Brings a Touch of Je Ne Sais Quoi to Une Femme Wines
- Brand / Project Name: Thirst Craft brings a touch of je ne sais quoi to Une Femme Wines
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle