The Space Creative Rebrands The Real Olive Company
The Real Olive Company has had a beautiful makeover courtesy of food and drink branding experts, The Space Creative.
“Karin and Ben at The Real Olive Company approached us in 2019 to help them redefine their brand and open the door to wider distribution and increased sales” says Creative Director David Thomson. “The olive fixture is typically an own label affair and we spotted an opportunity for The Real Olive Company to stand out in a sea of plastic pots by drawing inspiration from the vibrant colours of the sun soaked Mediterranean.
Not only did the The Space carry out a detailed strategic review of the brand to define their brand proposition and personality, they helped to sharpen their focus to attract a more discerning foodie audience who are seeking ‘good’ brands – expert producers with sustainable business practices.
The result is a striking design solution which positions Real Olive as a premium producer of the highest quality olives and antipasti with roots at the very heart of the Olive grove. The blue ink stamped brand mark and crafted typography overlaid on hand drawn risoprint illustrations, all produced inhouse by The Space, evocatively hints at the olives’ Mediterranean provenance. The design harks back to old travel documents, with various stamps and labels. The iconic brand mark has been designed from the outset to work equally well online as well as on pack. The bold navy blue colour echoes the colours found in Mediterranean architecture and the deep blue skies and seas of sunnier shores.
“I’m usually wary of using specific colours in a brand logo” says Thomson, “I think it can be quite limiting, but the inky blue works like a neutral colour that blends really well with the various ingredient colours found on the packs.”
The new brand look will start to appear on shelves from the end of May 2020.
“We are beyond excited to launch our amazing new brand design that The Space Creative has developed for us. The rebrand journey was a true pleasure and they really have captured the very essence of The Real Olive Company. We can’t wait to see our new packaging on shelf!” Karin Andersson, Co-Founder.
- Design Agency: The Space Creative
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: The Space Creative Rebrands The Real Olive Company
- Brand / Project Name: The Real Olive Company Rebrand
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: David Thomson, Designer: Liam Clarke
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Fresh Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Pot, Sleeve
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic