Sespe Creek Distillery, a long time client of the studio for which we previously developed 3 brands for, reached out us to create a fourth – Parlor Cay Rum! Named and designed by the studio Parlor Cay takes the island and ventures West. An original Rum recipe made from scratch, pot distilled, barreled in New American Oak, and finished in Pedro Ximenez Sherry Casks.
The name “Parlor Cay” was developed and pitched to the client along with 4 others. Parlor Cay was selected because it spoke perfectly to the concept of the merging of two worlds – The West and The Isles. From the name selection, the iconic illustration seen on the package design of a lone parlor sitting quietly on a small and unknown island was born. The single boat drawn up on sands represents how secret this island really is which is a direct reflection of the boutique size and location of Sespe Creek Distillery.
The goal with the brand was to be inspired by the spirit and western influence Sespe Creek Distillery inherently possesses but merge it with the worldly cues of Rum and craftsmanship. As with all the brands we create, we aimed to break the mold of what consumers expect a Rum to look like. The brand has recently partnered with a Rock/Reggie band of California called – Iration. The local roots, casual vibes, and unique approach to Parlor Cay fit synonymously with the Reggie legends of Cali perfectly.
- Agency/Creative: Chad Michael Studio
- Article Title: The Rum That Brings the Island to the West
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Dallas
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Naming, Branding, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Photography
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: rum, package design, bottle, spirit, liquor, beverage design, rum design, illustration
Designer: Chad Michael Studio