A high-volume brand for a one-of-a-kind studio
From Kaiser Chiefs and T. Rex to a long-standing relationship with David Bowie, Tony Visconti’s music production is bold, powerful and big on impact. So when Kingston University London asked us to develop a brand for its new Visconti Studio, we were thrilled to have the opportunity to turn that ethos into a visual style.
Hitting play on an unforgettable project
Our brief was simple: nothing corporate, everything red to match our studio decor and be impactful. Working closely with Kingston University, we built on the original brief by further developing our understanding of the space itself, the target audience, the competitor landscape and the overall vision for the studio through a strategic workshop. After presenting a series of creative concepts, we landed on a simple, bold, creative brand that reflected everything that made the space unique, including its unusual octagonal shape. And, yes, we used striking red to create a logo, identity and tone of voice that demands attention.
The brand identity was well-received by every stakeholder, including Tony Visconti, the British Library, the Science Museum and Kingston University marketing team.
The simple yet striking branding works effortlessly across every touchpoint and has been consistently applied to website and studio booking systems, interiors, signage and various merchandise from key rings to T-Shirts and mugs.
- Agency/Creative: Frost Creative
- Article Title: The Right Mix of Branding for Kingston University’s Visconti Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Southampton
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Web Design
- Industry: Education
- Keywords: Music, education, contemporary, type
Creative Team: Gary Frost