Designed a brand identity, bi-monthly promotional banners/flyers and promotional items (enamel pins, tote bags…) for the Outerbridge, a broadcasting led by DJ Kung Pao, producing electronic music somewhere between ambient, electro, house and techno. Streaming live every other Saturday from 4-6pm est. on makerparkradio.nyc, a radio based in Staten Island part of Maker Space, NYC’s home grown community giving access to welding, blacksmithing, water jet, sewing, ceramics, CNC, laser cutting and 3D printing machines to use and learn. DJ Kung Pao is very active within the music community and dj in noticeable clubs around New York City such as Nowadays. Public Records and many more. He is a music producer and is currently producing a new album in collaboration with the band Goodnight and its members Asian Dan and Darrell de Lara.
The design concept behind the flyers is about daily activities such as bowling, listening to vinyls, sleeping at a motel, swimming in a pool, watching a skyline, taking the subway but put into a weird, dreamy settings in a very vectorized style.
The design feels in line with the music style produced by the Outerbridge. They have a nostalgic feel about the life in the city and things people are doing and taking for granted. They were produced during the pandemic and lock down and have this idea of freedom and remembrance of the life from before the pandemic.
I was given a lot of creative freedom to design the flyers and it really opened up my illustration vector skills and I had a real blast working with DJ Kung Pao for the Outerbridge for a whole year.
- Agency/Creative: Caroline Sarrette
- Article Title: The Outerbridge Flyer Design by Caroline Sarrette
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Brooklyn
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: 2D Design, Digital Art, Editorial Design, Graphic Design, Illustration
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: music, flyer design, event flyer, radio show, staten island, graphic design, promotional swags
Graphic Designer, Art Director: Caroline Sarrette