After ten years in the specialty coffee industry, Sweet Bloom owner Andy Sprenger asked us to help give his exceptional coffee a complete facelift and redesign. We jumped at the chance.
To begin our redesign, we commissioned Andy’s wife, Laurel Sprenger to etch a wild coffee bloom and then transformed that single bloom into a dense, seamless pattern enveloping the new bag creating a focal point for the new branding.
A year later he asked us to design seven more bags. We kept the strict black and white palette, and explored a series patterns across scales: from the microscopic to the cosmic. The goal is that the bags will continue to be a canvas to feature new, meaningful pattern artwork that will grow and evolve with the brand.
Sweet Bloom has always produced amazing coffee. It’s been a true joy to give it an equally amazing presence on the shelf.
- Agency/Creative: The Made Shop
- Article Title: The Made Shop Redesign of Sweet Bloom Coffee Roasters Packaging
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bag
- Substrate: Pulp Paper