Purple Door Coffee is a local coffee roaster in Denver Colorado. They offer quality, roasted coffee and specialize in empowering young adults who want to leave homelessness. Their organization employs homeless youths and provides a supportive environment for developing essential employment skills. This program facilitates necessary experiences that create opportunities for long-term life changes with supportive and meaningful employment.
After years of being a staple in Denver, the team at Purple Door approached us to assess and refine their existing visual identity. We saw opportunities to attract a wider audience, and also celebrate the journey they offer to each person who works with them. What they ended up with is a vibrant rebrand. Together, we created a fresh, optimistic brand and packaging system. We blended a vibrant palette with radiating linework.
The previous brand was a closed purple door surrounded by a shield. We felt this conveyed an unintentional barrier for an otherwise open-door approach to their work. For the rebrand, we created an abstract doorway that feels more like an open passageway. Because every journey is unique, the passageway logo continually shifts perspective, to be viewed from different angles. This embraces everyone’s unique story of how they got there, and offers an inspiring passageway toward new beginnings.
The packaging has a variety of bold color combinations. Idiosyncratic and always changing. The messaging speaks with plain sincerity. No irony, no decoration. To celebrate each person who comes through the door, we sprinkled a few down-to-earth and encouraging phrases like “Don’t knock the journey” and “You have value.”
- Agency/Creative: The Made Shop
- Article Title: The Made Shop Creates Vibrant Rebrand for Purple Door Coffee
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Denver
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Redesign, Brand Tone of Voice, Packaging Design
- Format: Bag
- Substrate: Plastic
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Coffee, Packaging, Beverage, Mylar, Non-Profit, Vibrant, Brand, Design, Colour
Creative Director: Marke Johnson
Art Director: Adam Blake
Designer: Adam Blake