During the 2020 coronavirus stay-at-home orders, Ed Helms hosted the Whiskey Sour Happy Hour—an online extension of his live show at Los Angeles nightclub Largo. This special event aired on YouTube every Wednesday evening through May 13th, bringing people together during a socially distant time, and raising funds for MusiCares and Direct Relief (over $75,000!).
We created the entirely digital branding and social media marketing for each episode. The branding and illustration work was inspired by Depression-era packaging and the inclination to stockpile goods during uncertain times. We designed the poster artwork to be modular, taking it to pieces for social media posts and stories. Each week hosted a different line-up of musical and comedic guests, including Yola, Rodney Crowell, Billy Strings, Bob Harper, Roseanne Cash, Rhiannon Giddens & Francesco Turrisi, Watkins Family Hour, Jim Gaffigan, and Stephen Colbert.
- Agency/Creative: The Made Shop
- Article Title: The Made Shop Created Digital Branding and Social Media Marketing for Whiskey Sour Happy Hour
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Digital Marketing, Coronavirus, Fundraiser, Packaging, Variety Show, Bluegrass, Comedy, Music, Entertainment, Illustration, Happy Hour