The Made Shop Celebrates End of 2020 With Their 2021 Linear Calendar
Each year for the last ten years, The Made Shop has created their highly anticipated linear calendars. In all previous years, the calendars have been an outlet for creating a beautiful piece of functional art. For the 2021 edition, they viewed it an opportunity to celebrate the end of a grueling 2020 year by launching this limited edition “memento” series. Each calendar is “hand” drawn by their in-house robot co-worker (a pen plotter), using black, blue, and red pens on an array of pastel colored cardstock sheets from French Paper.
The calendar is designed in two layers. The base layer contains the easy-to-use linear layout with each month in one complete line, and aligned by weekends and weekdays. On top of that, the shop has customizable options to add one of four phrases that overtly or covertly acknowledge the unusual events of the past year. If you choose to add a phrase, the available options fit different emotional perspectives people may have on 2020; whether you are someone who is optimistic and ready to move on, or are having trouble forgetting. Available phrases include: (a) I survived 2020 and all I got was a new calendar, (b) Hindsight is 2020 So Don’t Look Back, (c) Movin’ Right Along, and (d) It was all a Dream. Each calendar is 25×19 inches, and is rolled and packaged in a reusable cardboard tube and sealed with an “I Survived 2020” sticker label.
The Linear Calendar is a minimal yet practical calendar design particularly suited for long range planning. It offers a clear overview of the entire year. Organized as a series of complete linear months, the unbroken structure is ideal for planning and seeing deadlines, travel, important events, and holidays throughout the year, without a need to flip back and forth. This calendar brightens every office space, and fits into a gallery wall at home.
- Design Agency: The Made Shop
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Self Promotional Design
- Article Title: The Made Shop Celebrates End of 2020 With Their 2021 Linear Calendar
- Brand / Project Name: Linear Calendar
- External Design Credits: Design: Marke Johnson
- Production Credits: Printer: AxiDraw
- Strategic Deliverables: Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Graphic Design, Brand Advertising, Retail Brand Design
- Location: United States
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Household
- Consumer Packaging Format: Tube
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper, Cardboard Tube, Paper