Logo works, illustration, and branding and packaging exploration for the Gracious Gourmet, an award-winning artisan condiment and gourmet food producer in Bridgewater, Connecticut.
The Gracious Gourmet came to us sceptic about changing their brand identity, which they have made when they first started out. We told them about how the process is and why a brand new visual identity can help them reach a wider audience, also keeps them updated with the current visual trends. As rooted as the brand is, keeping their values but creating a new visual language was a great challenge, and our take on the brand really captured the essence of it. However, the production of the rebranding and relabeling is on hold for the moment, as they want to test their new visuals on regular customers and buyers.
The idea for the alternatives came from the root story of the brand, a personal story of a passion for good food being born. Handwritten recipes were a huge inspiration for this packaging as well as our focus on the products itself; the textures, colors, shapes and ingredients of each and every one of them. We provided this with couple of alternatives with cut-out product windows on labels, old children story-like supportive illustrations, and bold vibrant shapes.
Rebrands are always a delightful challenge for a brand designer, as we’re facing a rooted visual image and it’s audience with it. Working on this project and learning about the history of their brand, creating what our version of it looks like was amazing.
- Agency/Creative: İskelet Design Works
- Article Title: The Gracious Gourmet Rebranding and Label Design
- Organisation/Entity: In-House
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Non Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: McLean
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Identity, Label Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design, Packaging Guidelines
- Format: Jar
- Substrate: Glass Jar
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: artisan food, the gracious gourmet, packaging, label design, rebranding, spreads, jam, logo, typography,
Brand & Visual Designer: Lal Yetki