A bold and an afterhours alternative, ATM PIZZA is the go-to pizza place to order from whenever hunger strikes. With a heavy influence on 80´s style motifs and inspired by the practicality and availability of ATMs all around the city, our branding solution presents a retro style in an approachable yet strong, playful and practical visual system that stands out through its simplicity and nostalgic emotion.
As the name suggests, the concept stems from the ¨out-of-hours¨ easy access and approachability of a bank´s ATM, with a visual treatment inspired by the era when these technological machines where successfully adopted. Turning to brands like Atari and Xerox for inspiration as well as looking through graphics and visual elements used in cassettes, VHS tapes, and Walkmans, we chose colors and typographies evoking that specific character and presence.
ATM PIZZA has a modern and minimal feel, merged successfully with a vintage look through the careful considerations of its graphic elements. The typography reminisces the imagery of 80´s brands, made richer by the use of a color palette defined as ¨retro-future¨ with a vibrant touch found in vintage tech brands.
Our branding solution provides an integrated result by offering an emotional and nostalgic element that is new yet familiar, particularly to gamers and night owls who could be drawn to the brand as afterhours customers.
- Agency/Creative: SHIFT Studio
- Article Title: The 80s Make a Comeback with ATM Pizza
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Box
- Substrate: Pulp Board