Flowerhead is a lady owned tea company from California that leaves behind the idea that tea is high culture. Using a touch of pop to make the product accessible, it is influenced by psychedelia, fashion and aesthetics of the 60s and 70s. It is an opportunity for imagination, strong colours and carefree imagery.
We worked on an identity system that moves away from minimalism. We brought to life a series of characters inspired by the archetypes of stories like those of Lewis Carrol in Alice in Wonderland. With oriental reminiscences, we give a wink to the origin of tea and created an imagery of accessible and desirable fun references.
Time expands, tea cups fall through a hole. The air is sticky. It contracts, it stretches until the cups fall to end up on a table where the tea is about to be served. Sometimes it’s a merry unbirthday, other times it’s just a sign of friendship. The beverage connects with the organism, makes eyes lock, and accentuates pleasant moments.
- Agency/Creative: Toro Pinto
- Article Title: Tea Time For A Very Merry Unbirthday: Toro Pinto Create Brand and Packaging Identity System for Flowerhead
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Research
- Format: Bag, Box
- Substrate: Plastic, Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper