Tea Time For A Very Merry Unbirthday: Toro Pinto Create Brand and Packaging Identity System for Flowerhead
Flowerhead is a lady owned tea company from California that leaves behind the idea that tea is high culture. Using a touch of pop to make the product accessible, it is influenced by psychedelia, fashion and aesthetics of the 60s and 70s. It is an opportunity for imagination, strong colours and carefree imagery.
We worked on an identity system that moves away from minimalism. We brought to life a series of characters inspired by the archetypes of stories like those of Lewis Carrol in Alice in Wonderland. With oriental reminiscences, we give a wink to the origin of tea and created an imagery of accessible and desirable fun references.
Time expands, tea cups fall through a hole. The air is sticky. It contracts, it stretches until the cups fall to end up on a table where the tea is about to be served. Sometimes it’s a merry unbirthday, other times it’s just a sign of friendship. The beverage connects with the organism, makes eyes lock, and accentuates pleasant moments.
- Design Agency: Toro Pinto
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Tea Time For A Very Merry Unbirthday: Toro Pinto Create Brand and Packaging Identity System for Flowerhead
- Brand / Project Name: Flowerhead Tea Company
- External Design Credits: Art Direction: Mario Higinio B., Copywriting: Olga Villegas / Karen Vizcarra, Design: Sandra García, Nubia Fernández, Illustration: Sandra García, Photography: Fredy “el gato” Morfín
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand World, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design
- Location: Mexico
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic, Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper