Synthwave Aesthetic for a Slow-Brewed Soda Design Concept by Studio Blackthorns
Gradients is a hypothetical line of organic Slow-Soda. This conceptual brand differentiates itself by the use of Synthwave/Vaporwave aesthetic, giving a nice-looking nostalgic summer feeling; And it makes perfect sense for a so-called “Slow Brewed Soda Brand”. Just chill, relax, grab one of these vivid and graphical can and think of your vintage memories with your family & friends or maybe watch some old VHS.
At Gradients Soda, we love music, especially Synthwave. Synthwave (also called retrowave) is an electronic music microgenre that is based predominately on the music associated with action and science-fiction film soundtracks of the 1980s. Other influences are drawn from that decade’s art and video games. Synthwave musicians often espouse nostalgia for 1980s culture and attempt to capture the era’s atmosphere and celebrate it. The range is made up with 6 different cans with names like ‘Evening Sunshine’, ‘Minnesota Vikings’, ‘Pun Yeta’ or ‘Wedding blues’.
- Design Agency: Studio Blackthorns
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Synthwave Aesthetic for a Slow-Brewed Soda Design Concept by Studio Blackthorns
- Brand / Project Name: Gradients Soda
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: Ludovic Mornand
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography, Brand Identity, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: France
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Can
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal