Sunbird Superior Rooibos Range New Packaging Design by Creating A Storm
Sunbird Rooibos Teamakers approached Creating A Storm to create a look and feel to launch the Superior range of blended rooibos tea into popular retail chains. This premium quality tea is organically grown on two farms in South Africa’s Cederberg region before being blended to create a refreshing taste. There are five flavours to choose from.
The team at Sunbird Rooibos has long been inspired by the history of the Cape and the maritime spice route. I wanted to create something unique and luxurious but more importantly, to bring this love for spice into my design.
The oriental features quite distinctively in the use of gold foils, intricate illustrations, and vibrant colours. The box set up is designed to evoke a magical forest and take you on a journey of discovery. You’ll find sunbirds hidden in the dense leaf and grey branches. There is also a sunbird which sits on the lid of a teapot centred in a sundial. This is carried across the range of flavours. The copy integrates into the flow of the design to create a harmonious environment.
It’s playful and whimsical.
Best of all, the packaging is 100% recyclable, reusable, and compostable, making this an eco-friendly buy.
- Design Agency: Creating A Storm
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Sunbird Superior Rooibos Range New Packaging Design by Creating A Storm
- Brand / Project Name: Sunbird Superior Rooibos Blended Tea
- External Design Credits: Creating Director/Packaging Designer Storm Wiggett, Photographer Russell Smith https://www.instagram.com/russmithphotography/, Food Stylist Emma Wilson https://www.instagram.com/eatwithemma/
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Experience, Retail Brand Design
- Location: South Africa
- Market Country: South Africa
- Market Region: Africa
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Carton