Subplot Design Inc and Petcurean Cook Up New Packaging for Go! Solutions
Petcurean Pet Nutrition, a premium quality, Canadian pet food manufacturer celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, announces the relaunch of its Go! Solutions™ wet food collection with new recipes for dogs and cats in Tetra Pak® cartons. Once again, Petcurean worked with Subplot Design Inc. not only to overhaul the new wet food packaging, but to breathe new life into the entire Go! Solutions product range. Go! Solutions wet food recipes went on sale in pet-specialty stores starting Oct 1st.
In addition to launching new recipes, the Go! Solutions wet food collection is also introducing two innovative textures, with shredded recipes for dogs and minced recipes for cats, in addition to new stews and pâtés. Petcurean is currently the only brand to offer Tetra Pak recipes that feature shredded, minced and pâté textures, which provide additional options to promote
“Go! Solutions wet food recipes are pocket-sized packs of solutions-based nutrition that have been specifically formulated to support pets with unique dietary needs and preferences, including those who thrive on higher levels of meat protein, those with food sensitivities who may benefit from a limited number of ingredients, and those who are simply picky eaters,” explains Dr. Jennifer Adolphe, Nutrition Manager at Petcurean. “In addition, the switch to Tetra Pak cartons offers pet parents a convenient and sustainable packaging option, with improved brand information to help them make the best possible food choices for their pet.”
The new wet food collection is fully integrated and aligns with Go! Solutions dry food recipes, which supports wet with dry combination feeding to add variety, enhance palatability, and make meal time exciting. They can be served as a treat, topper, or as a complete and balanced meal on their own. The inclusion of wet foods as part of a pet’s diet promotes water intake for good hydration, especially in cats who can be prone to Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD) and struvite crystal formation.
The new Go! Solutions Stews, Pâtés, and Shredded and Minced recipes cap off a year of innovation, starting in 2018 with the launch of functional, freeze-dried Go! Solutions Meal Mixers for dogs. In addition, the complete family of Go! Solutions Kibble Recipes for cats & dogs has been reorganized to highlight the specific functional features of each recipe, along with the introduction of several new recipes.
“We worked very hard with Petcurean to bring a boldness and clarity to the packaging, and really showcase the ‘solution’ of each recipe, whether Wet Food, Kibble or Meal Mixers”, says Matthew Clark, Subplot Founder & Creative Director. “This simplicity when combined with such a visually appealing product really sets it apart on the shelf”.
Along with the bold new prominence given to each solution and recipe on the front panel, an icon panel identifies key product attributes such as the premium proteins, protein percentages, special functional ingredients and grain-free recipes.
Subplot’s redesign of the Go! Solutions family includes:
– Go! Solutions Wet Food for cats & dogs: 14 recipes
– Go! Solutions Kibble for cats & dogs: 22 recipes in 5 sizes each
– Go! Solutions Meal Mixers for dogs: 4 recipes
The new Go! SolutionsCategories include:
– Skin + Coat: Helps support healthy skin & a new attitude.
– Carnivore: For carnivorous appetites, these recipes are grain-free and packed with drool-worthy animal proteins.
– Sensitivities: For pets with specific dietary needs who “shouldn’t eat this and can’t eat that”.
- Agency/Creative: Subplot Design Inc.
- Project Type: Packaging
- Organisation / Project Status: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Location: Canada
- Article Title: Subplot Design Inc and Petcurean Cook Up New Packaging for Go! Solutions
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bag, Box, Pouch
- Substrate: Plastic, Pulp Carton, Pulp Fibre