Studio Unbound was briefed to name and brand a newly formed furniture design company, founded by a Scottish carpenter.
After researching Studio Unbound came across the word còsag, a Gaelic word meaning cosy and content. Very much like its Danish counterpart – Hygge – this word encompassed the feeling these bespoke pieces of furniture do for your home.
An elegant wordmark was then crafted with chisels and notches to reference the precision and beauty of joinery.
The business cards were the jewel in the crown. It was requested to have something that stood out and left a lasting impression. Studio Unbound decided there was only one option for this, to print them on wood. Using six different types of wood – White Oak, Maple, Black Frake, American Walnut, Bamboo, Cherry – these also then doubled up as a small sample pack for potential clients.
- Agency/Creative: Studio Unbound
- Article Title: Studio Unbound Carving Out an Identity for Còsag
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Product Architecture, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Construction
- Keywords: Branding, Furniture Design, Wood Business Cards, Brand, Logo Design,