Studio T Creates a Concept for Sustainable Packaging Design
This project experiments with food based packaging to replace plastics. The idea was to introduce coffee, contained in a food based film which on direct contact with hot or cold water, dissolves. Currently, that means putting little containers of coffee into stylishly designed instant coffee makers. Or scooping it out of old-fashioned cans and into a cup of hot water.
So, instead of taking a single serve container of coffee and putting it into a machine — and later having to remove the empty container — one would just drop the packet directly into hot water and watch as the coffee makes itself.
The use of recycled paper to build the packaging is what makes it completely environmentally feasible and friendly. Each pack has been colour matched to the mood that lies in the blend and it’s as easy to use each cup as and when needed.
Each box contains twenty cups with a single food based film that contain perfectly blended coffee grains per unit. Each blend can be set apart by the color of the lid and the logo system of the word mark and icon.
To further emphasis the idea of “instant” that runs the brand Blend, the packaging had to be created in an extremely precise way. The intention was to eliminate any excess waste of time, along with materials, for a person to drink their favorite drink of the day – coffee.
The packaging is constructed to give quick access to the coffee lover, with stacks of already placed coffee satchets, inside. All that needs to be done after that is pour hot water and/or milk to dive into a wonderful world of blends for each mood.
- Design Agency: Studio T
- Organisation/Project Type: In-house, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Studio T Creates a Concept for Sustainable Packaging Design
- Brand / Project Name: Blend Coffee
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand World, Brand Strategy, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Structural Design, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Experience
- Location: Singapore
- Market Country: India
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Packaging
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Cup, Water Soluble Film
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Pulp Paper, Sustainable Paper, Food Ink for print