Our clients reached out to us for rebranding and packaging to support their brewery break into the bold and trendy craft beer business. According to our client, local sales are developing dynamically, yet their nationwide presence lagged because they began operating without a marketing concept, conscious branding and packaging design. We aimed to create an ambitious marketing and branding concept, transforming it into a worthy competitor to other artisanal craft beer brands in the already saturated market. We created a total rebranding for them, and this is the first special edition packaging that we designed, which was released right before Christmas in two festive flavours.
The first flavour is apple-pie, the second is gingerbread. The two packagings complement each other, on the shelves they’re visibly a pair. We chose black, white and golden colours to reflect their premium quality and give it a holiday feel. We made a seal for the special editions, so it is more visible that you can only have it for a limited time.
The smell of Christmas cookies inspired the festive packaging design. We hid some emojis on both packagings for a little surprise. The labels have a bright golden colour printed with 3D varnish foil, so you can also feel the gold powder on the label to the touch. The festive packaging was a great success, and the first batches were sold out in just a couple of days. We were also commissioned to create a gift box for the festive series and a branded beer glass. The next gift-wrapped batches sold out even faster and generated considerable earned-media coverage by craft beer bloggers and Hungarian influencers.
Since then, the design got featured on Packaging of the World and the French Favourite Design team is publishing it in their 2021 edition.
The rebranding and the special edition packaging got excellent reviews from consumers and the industry too. The success of the project inspired our client to introduce 12 limited-edition beers to the market in 2021 – launching a new flavour every month.
- Agency/Creative: Studio Nabi
- Article Title: Studio Nabi Design Viharsarok Limited Edition Craft Beer
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Hungary
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Architecture, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle, Can
- Substrate: Glass, Glass Bottle, Metal