Studio DN Design Group Creates New Kombucha Brand
Kombucha is a tea-based drink that is made in the fermentation process. The new brand was introduced to the Polish market thanks to Laurent de Bremaeker, the owner and chef of the well-known Żywa Kuchnia restaurant in Warsaw, who was trained at the best culinary institutes.
We began by creating a positioning strategy and name. We decided to base the whole concept on the person of Laurent who became the brand hero and gave the name to the brand. Kombucha by Laurent has gained a modern, minimalist image resonating with its creator. The project uses geometric trends, using diamonds to convey the buzzing spirit of friendly drink – kombucha is made in the fermentation process. The image of Laurent himself, whose cheeky baseball caps and informal clothing style perfectly reflect the spirit of both the product and its recipients, has become a model element of packaging and brand communication.
The brand logo reflects both the simplicity and universality of the drink – depicted in the typography of the word Kombucha, as well as the author’s, human approach in the “signature” by Laurent, in italics. In addition to packaging, Studio DN has developed communication materials, a website and verbal communication for the new brand.
- Design Agency: Studio DN Design Group
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Studio DN Design Group Creates New Kombucha Brand
- Brand / Project Name: Kombucha by Laurent
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: Joanna Roszkowska, Designer: Marek Szczepanski
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: Poland
- Market Country: Poland
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass