Founded in 2019, Data Manifest is a data science consultancy aiming to remove the mysticism around ‘data’, make it more approachable and foster a more ethical/sustainable use of it.
The first challenge was to support the founder defining what he wanted to say, and to whom. The existing name “Data Manifest” was already conveying the right message, but it needed expanding into a complete identity system.
After several rounds of exploration and testing, we came back to the initial idea the founder had developed for the first logo. The use of brackets, punctuation marks widely used in programming to denote and organize information.
It conveyed the what, technology, but it was missing the why and the how. To elevate the human focus and responsibility behind the company’s mission we’ve created a bespoke rounded version of a condensed typeface. We also designed a set of customised expressive brackets to act as framing and containing devices for materials.
- Agency/Creative: Studio Cronica
- Article Title: Studio CRONICA Designs a New Identity System for Data Manifest
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Technology
- Keywords: Data, science, strategy, manifest, user, people, technology, typography, identity, design