Studio Blackthorns Concept Tribute to Classical Composers Living a Thug Life
It is quite unusual and anachronistic to associate classical composers with Hip-Hop and modern life. LEGEND is a fun conceptual project based on the famous tag line “Thug life”. These beer cans are a tribute to “Classical Thugs” and we had a lot of fun designing those!
The concept is pretty simple but very consistent, powerful and flexible too. The main idea is to add some rap, Hip-Hop and street culture elements to old portrait paintings images of classical composers like Chopin, Mozart or Beethoven. Some nice effects are applied on the label such as embossing to give more depth to the design.
What does thug life mean? Especially in Black hip-hop culture, thug life refers to a determined and resilient attitude to succeed in life in spite of racism and injustice.Though the term thug life is commonly misinterpreted to mean “criminal life,” this is not actually the intention of the phrase. Thug life is a term used with pride, to describe a person who started out with nothing and built themselves up to be something. The term was popularized in hip-hop culture, where thug life goes hand-in-hand with iconic rapper Tupac Shakur.
- Design Agency: Studio Blackthorns
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Self Promotional Design
- Article Title: Studio Blackthorns Concept Tribute to Classical Composers Living a Thug Life
- Brand / Project Name: Legend / Out Of Jail Brewery
- External Design Credits: Designer Ludovic Mornand
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Brand World, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design
- Location: France
- Market Country: United States
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Can
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal, Aluminium, embossing